THIS JOURNEY TO THE END OF WORLD WILL TAKE YOU TO THE REAL NORTHERNMOST POINT OF EUROPEAN MAINLAND, CAPE NORDKYN.
Fantastic snowmobile riding in the middle of “snowhere” across the endless white deserts and mountains towards the very end of the North.
You will also participate at the exciting Arctic Ocean deep sea fishing safari, where even the smallest fishes are huge. The overnights will be spent in the holiday cabins. Daily distances are 200-240 km, new deep snow sport and crossover models 600 – 900cc are used (1 person/snowmobile). All meals included!
Private groups – all dates on request
2295 € per person
(minimum 2 people traveling together)
• All transfers and activities mentioned in the program
• 2 nights accommodation in Nuorgram and Mehamn (twin or shared rooms)
• All meals during the safari
• Deep Sea fishing program including crossing the Northernmost point of Europe
• Driving equipment, thermal outer-clothing and boots
• Snowmobiling Academy for deep snow driving if needed
• Professional guiding in English
• International flights to Ivalo
• Optional stay in Ivalo or other destinations in Lapland before and after the tour. We highly recommend the arrival and departure at least one day before and after the safari.
• Travel insurance
• Ivalo, Finland
TRAVEL PROGRAMClick to close
Day 1 (~240 km)
• Meeting and greeting with the group in the airport and/or hotel in Ivalo.
• Preparations: we provide you with thermal outfits (trousers, jacket, woolen socks, boots, scarf, commando hat and gloves), driving equipment and a waterproof bag for your personal supplies needed during the tour. The rest of your luggage will be kept in Ivalo and you will receive it back when returning from the safari.
• Safety brief and driving lesson.
• Start of the safari and ride across Lake Inari, which gives you a good chance to get used to the snowmobile. We will make short stops every now and then to check if everybody is feeling comfortable.
• Lunch break in the local bar in Sevetti village.
• The safari continues to Nuorgam, the northernmost village of Finland and the European Union.
• Arrival in the late afternoon (option to visit the last local supermarket if something is needed).
• Accommodation in holiday cabins, 2-4 people sharing one apartment.
• A relaxing sauna.
• Delicious dinner served in the restaurant.
Day 2 (~200 km)
• Departure of the safari: driving on the border river Teno and soon we are heading to Norway. A full day driving across the mountain fields along the endless white deserts which we call “in the middle of snowhere”.
• Early in the afternoon arrival to Mehamn fishing village on the shores of Barents Sea. This charming little northern town is famous for it’s fishing traditions and king crabs.
• Accommodation in Mehamn Adventure Camp fishermen cottages (twin rooms).
• Late lunch at the restaurant.
• After a little relaxation we depart for a deep sea fishing trip on the Arctic Ocean. Even if you have never been fishing before, you will probably catch a big monster there! The boat will take us to see the northernmost point of European continent, Cape Nordkyn (the Nordkap is known as a northernmost point of Europe which you can reach by car. Cape Nordkyn is the northernmost point geographically and you only access it from the sea or hiking).
• Return back to the Adventure Camp.
• Relaxing in the sauna, option to jump into the freezing sea.
• Delicious dinner served in the restaurant.
Day 3 (~210 km + 210 km by bus)
• Departure by snowmobiles, heading back to Finland. The ride will take us back over the mountain fields, all the way to Nuorgam village. The trail is partly the same as used on a day before.
• Arrival to Nuorgam Holiday Center, end of the snowmobile safari.
• Lunch in the restaurant.
• Bus transfer back to Ivalo, arrival in the late afternoon.
• You will be rewarded with the Great Adventure Certificates.
• Transfer to your hotel / airport / train station.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATIONClick to close
• Group size is maximum 8 people plus guide
• The safari is suitable for everyone with normal physical conditions, but days are long so we recommend to be prepared with adventurous mind. It is a great chance to experience something totally different from your daily living!
• You will get high quality thermal outdoor outfits and boots for the snow mobile safari. We will ask for your sizes before hand and the outfits will be waiting you on spot. There is no personal outdoor equipment required, but functional long sport underwear and warm layer beneath your jacket is recommended for your own comfort
• Accommodation in holiday cabins offer room for 2-4 people, each apartment have their own kitchen, bathroom and toilet. Sauna and restaurant facilities are located in the separate buildings.
• For private groups additional services can be arranged: hot tub on the shores of Arctic Ocean for the second evening, additional snowmobile safari to the Northernmost Mainland Lighthouse of the world, visit to the reindeer farm with special dinner etc.
• Deductibles in case of snowmobile damage 900€
The operator reserves the right to make alterations to the programs, price, duration or form of transportation without prior warning. This also concerns changes in programs as a result of weather conditions.